Description: An air fryer cooks food by circulating hot air around it. The gadget has a fan that facilitates the circulation of air. You use little to no oil with an air fryer, thus giving you lots of healthy benefits. Air fryers are easy to clean and take a shorter time cooking compared to other cookers.
Let’s face it, we all want to eat most delicacies such as chicken wings, French fries, but we fear the extra calories. But wait, what if there was a way to enjoy all the sweet foods without gaining extra pounds? Yes, you heard that right! You can cook your meals using little to no oil with the help of an air fryer.
There’s no doubt that air fryers have taken the market by a sway with air fryer reviews filling the internet. If you’ve been wondering why the recent craze over the gadgets, then in this guide, you’ll learn about the benefits of air fryers.
But first, we need to understand what an air fryer is and how it works.
What is an Air Fryer, and How Does it Work?
An air fryer is an appliance that is used for making fried foods such as meat, potatoes, and pastries. When cooking, the gadget works by circulating hot air around the food. The device has a fan that wafts hot air around your food. The prepared foods usually have a crunchy taste but similar texture with deep-fried food.
Air fryer Uses
Here are some of the ways you can utilize your air fryer. Here you’ll find some air fryer healthy recipes you can try at home.
Thanks to this kitchen appliance, you can enjoy your usually French fries and potato chips with an extra touch of crunchiness. Probably you’re wondering about the process of making this snack. Here is how you use an air fryer for French fries.
– Clean your potatoes and cut them into ¾ inch vertical chops
– If you don’t like the peels, you can remove them
– Soak your potato strips in a bowl of water for about 2 hours
– Remove the potatoes from the water and pat dry using a paper towel
– Sprinkle about a tablespoon of oil on your potatoes
– Sprinkle some paprika, black pepper, and corn starch on them
– Toss the potatoes so that they incorporate well with the spices
– Place them on the basket of your air fryer and switch on the appliance at temperatures of 360 F for 30 minutes.
– During the 30 minutes, make sure to toss the fries so that they cook evenly
– Then increase the heat to 425 F for 5 minutes to give your snack that golden brown crispy look
– Serve with your favorite sauce
If you want to use your air fryer for fish, follow these simple steps.
– Grease your fish or fillets with some oil on both sides
– Coat with your favorite spices
– Place on the fryer basket
– Turn the heat to 400 degrees F and cook for 10 minutes
– Flip the fish to the other side and cook for another 5 – 7 minutes
– Boom! You have your ready fish
Air fryer chicken wings or drumsticks are irresistible from crunchiness to the awesome taste. But how do you go about preparing this dish?
– Grease the air fryer basket with some oil
– Place your wings on the fryer
– Turn the heat to 380°F and cook for about 30 minutes
– Keep turning the wings every 5 minutes so that they cook evenly
– After 30 minutes, increase the heat to 400°F for 5 minutes to give your meal some crispiness
Air fryer steak is one of those meals that can become addictive. If you love meat, then you’ve got to try this delicious meal. If you love grilling, you can even get an air fryer with grill. Here is a simple recipe you can try.
– Marinate your steak with your preferred spices
– Grease your grill if you’re using one or the air fryer basket
– Place your stick and turn the heat to 400°F
– Cook your meat for about 12 minutes but remember to keep flipping it using tongs
– Remove and serve with your favorite accompaniment
Did you know that your air fryer can bake? If not, it’s time to store away your oven and make use of this magical appliance.
Baking differs depending on the type of cake you want to make. Whether you want a vanilla cake, a cheesecake, or chocolate one, your air fryer can help you treat your guests.
Now that we know how to use an air fryer, let’s delve into understanding why an air fryer is good.
Benefits of Air fryers
Cooks faster and uses less energy
Since an air fryer cooks, while fully enclosed, no heat escapes to the outside. Therefore food not only cooks faster, but a lot of energy is saved. The appliance is, therefore, the best for moms with small kids and don’t have all the time to wait for food to cook. Besides, if you’re working on a budget, the air fryers can save you the cost of electricity compared to other cookers.
Research has shown that air fried food contains about 70 percent less fat compared to fried foods. If you’re on a weight loss journey, then this is what you’ve been looking for.
It’s also worth noting that frying starchy foods usually emits a chemical compound called acrylamide. The chemical compounds are associated with certain types of cancers, including lung and prostate.
Easy to Clean
When frying foods with your pots or pans, you end up with oil spills on your cooker, greasy surfaces, and utensils. With an air fryer, it’s different because the basket encloses when cooking. Therefore, after cooking, you only have to clean the basket with warm soapy water or toss it into your dishwasher.
Are you a busy person and don’t have all the time to clean utensils, especially after hectic days at work? Then an air fryer could be your best bet.
Conclusion: In summary, air fryers have become the new craze among cooks and homeowners. Well, the craze doesn’t come without a reason because the appliances can cook anything literally within the shortest time possible. Besides, the cleaning of the air fryer is simple and easy.
Author Bio: Richard Browny is a nutritionist and food blogger. He has been practicing the keto diet for several years and knows all its advantages and disadvantages. Richard is ready to share all the details in his blog and keto product reviews.